My mum is a teacher. At least she used to be one until she realized that the kids she had at home were far worse than any class of unruly devils she could discipline, so she quit her job in despair. What is it they say about trying to improve the world outside when the problem is right at home? Something like that. Poor ma. At least that’s how *I* tell the story. So anyways, I think her teaching gene has been passed on to me. On that note, there is something I’ve realized recently — my life can be divided into phases with regards to my mom —
The nine stages of my evolution
- Pooped on my mom
- Was in awe of my mom
- Disliked my mom
- Swore I would never be like my mom
- Proud that I was completely unlike my mom
- Horrified and emotionally scarred when I started seeing signs in me, of my mom
- Denied that I am turning into my mom
- Resigned myself to the truth that I am like my mom
- Proud that I *am* my mom
Is it just me or is this normal? Do guys go through something similar with their dads maybe?
Oh .. I was saying something wasn’t I? Ah yes, the teacher part. I’ll save that for another post.